Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Martin Harris Home and Alvin Smith Gravesite

We tried to see some of the church history sites while we were in Palmyra. Unfortunately, thousands of other saints were trying to do same thing. Since crowds are definately not mine and Caleb's thing, were went to plan B. Deciding to come back to Palmyra another time we chose to see some sites that were not as crowded.

We started at Martin Harris' home. This was not his original home since his burned down, but this lake-stone home was built in the 1850's in its place. It was really amazing to see how they were able to chose stone so uniform in size. The picture doesn't show it too well, but I loved the texture of this building.





4 comments:

mena said...

I love this post!!! what a neat oppurtunity to go and see all the neata church sights. Love the temple pics and the family pic and the bottom. I love the music it really sets the mood. Very nice indeed. I swear if we had money I would come and visit.

Gubba said...

I think I might have already mentioned that I was a little jealous of you guys, all these posts of all the neat things you are seeing and doing aren't helping! We are so happy for you . What an awesome oppurtunity . Way to suck the marrow out of life!!!!!!!!

mattandmarcee said...

Hey guys!! Your blog is so fun to look at, you are seeing so many neat things. Matt and I have been looking at all of your great pictures and wishing we were there as well. How long will you be in New York?

Chalan said...

What an amazing experience you guys are having. I'm with Gub- definately jealous. Cool photos. Thanks for sharing!