Day one: We left early Thursday morning. Stayed the first night in North Platte, Nebraska. While there we saw a Veteran's Memorial park. The memorial also had a full sized train caboose. Brigham and Kaiya loved climbing on it.

I have two fun memories from this day. First, at one point on the drive I heard Brigham ask for another sucker. This is only a minute after I gave him one. Thinking I would turn around to find it stuck to the floor of the car I saw it in Barney's mouth. He quickly informed me he was sharing with Barney and now needed one for himself.
The second memory was later that night when we checked into the hotel room. Brigham went straight for the bed. He pulled down the covers, climbed in, picked up the reciever and proceeded to jabber away. It was so cute to see him just lying there repeating his usual phone conversation, hello?, yes, yes, bye.
Over all it was a fun day. The kids traveled very well and Caleb was happy to stop and eat in Ogallala, Nebraska. I loved that Caleb drove all day, so I could just relax and enjoy the scenary.




4 comments:
Looks like you made the best of the drive. Brigham is so cute, love the sucker story. Ogallala- cool, I bet Caleb enjoyed that. Looking forward to seeing how it goes! :)
love that story about Brigham and the sucker....what a nice kid to share with Barney. I'm sure they loved the train!!!
Hey Emilee I am so glad that you made it there. How do you like the East coast sounds like the kids were good on the way there. Brigham is so cute that is a such a sweet story about the sucker.give me a call sometime.
Aimee
very cute. those are the sweet things we never forget. i'm glad yuo are enjoying yourself. i'll stay tuned.
Post a Comment