Monday, June 30, 2008

"Ithaca is Gorges"


I have seen people wearing these green shirts that say "Ithaca is Gorges." We went to our first state park on Saturday. I have to agree with the shirts. It was amazing. There were huge gorges and waterfalls. The place was called Buttermilk State Park. At the base of the park there is a huge swimming area that the falls empty into. Then there are about four different hikes that circle the main falls. We hiked up the "rim trail" and down the "bear trail." Unfortunately I forgot Brigham' s pack, so I ended up carrying him most of the hike. (Good thing I am tough ha-ha )Down was not too bad, but up was pretty difficult. Caleb was teasing me that "the stallion was stronger than the mare." Rather than explaining my pack weighed more than his, plus he had a carrier for his, I quickly agreed with him and made him carry both for a while to prove it. He He He He
Caleb's parents have a book called "A 1000 Places to see before you die." This fingerlakes region is listed as one of those places. I definately agree. There are several state parks in this area. Buttermilk state park is not listed as one of the favorites, but it about knocked my socks off. I can't wait to see some of the "favorite" parks.

I wanted to make a slideshow with all my pics but, unfortunately my laptop does not have movie maker on it. (BUMMER!!!) So, maybe I will make one when I get home. Stay tuned.


5 comments:

Coty said...

WOW!!! is all i have to say...

mena said...

I am so happy that you were able to go there. Wow!!!! Can't believe that you packed gigham around. Wow!

Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gubba said...

Amazing pictures, when i here the words New York I picture concrete, steel and alot of people, that is beautiful!!!!!!!!Amazing...(in honor of our Taiwan trip) INCREDIBLE!!! This is an amazingly beautiful world we live in

Gwen said...

That's such a pretty place. I'm glad you're enjoying your time ther!! House is still standing.