Well, Saturday Caleb and I went to our first Sci-Fci convention in Salt Lake. It was called the Conduit Convention. Now before you get too alarmed I will tell you we did not dress up. Granted, I joked about putting "Spock" ears on Brigham and Kaiya, but I was not tempted to wear a costume myself. I will let Caleb speak for himself. I wish I would have taken a few snapshots of some of the interesting costumes we came across. Unfortunately my shyness kicked in and I felt rude taking pictures of strangers. I will just summarize by saying we were dressed like the minority and not the majority.
Some of you may be wondering what we were doing at a Science Fiction convention in the first place. Well, Caleb wanted to attend some of the writing workshops various authors were teaching. He was able to attend and enjoy them. I originally thought about trying to take the kids, but I knew it would be too difficult. So after I walked through the art exhibit with Caleb I took Brigham and Kaiya to Discovery Gateway. It was so fun to watch them play. They had a ball.




3 comments:
WOW!!! What a bunch of nerds... Just kidding.
Impressive! I'm glad Caleb got to go- you are a nice supportive wife! :) I want to go to the discovery gateway- looks like fun with the kids. By the way, love your new blog layout!! Cute, cute. Now I want to change mine again.:)
NANU NANU, greetings earhtlings, impressive, .... most impressive!
Post a Comment