Thursday, November 5, 2009

Alaska

For Clark and Aldeen's 50th wedding anniversary they treated all their children to a cruise to Alaska. It was so much fun. Since we have been home more than once Caleb and I have looked at each other and said " I wish we were back on our cruise."

The scenery was incredible. The company super fun and a full week with no children was fantastic. On the first day we flew into Seattle. We took a quick city tour. I finally got to the Space Needle....even if it was through the window of a bus :) ....... We also saw they cool "duck" things my sister told me about. This is definitely a city I would like to return to someday and spend more time.

After the tour we drove to the dock to board the ship. I was impressed with the size of it.

Pictures never seem to do justice, but this was a really impressive sculpture hanging in the ship. I really liked how it seemed to change depending on whether you were standing below or above it. After checking in the ship departed for a day at sea. We were off to Juneau. Unfortunately Caleb and I were so busy checking our the ship we missed the Bon Voyage departure. Bummer!

If you look close enough in this picture you might recognize the couple of ladies drafted into the Kamikaze Karaoke show. Yup, Mena and I got to thrill the entire audience with our rendition of Pat Benatar's "I love Rock and Roll." It was a beaut! The best part was the cute little rings the guy gave us to sport around the rest of the week. Looking back it was kind of a fun way to start of the cruise.

5 comments:

mena said...

i put the wrong song on my blog. i will need to fix that. i thought it was the kiss song "i want to rock and roll all night." i'm glad u are younger and can remember these things. lol i too miss our vacation and i had lots of fun hangin out with you and caleb. lets plan another trip just the 4 of us.....can u imagine the fun???

Emilee said...

We are totally for that. Caleb and I are alreay planning our next cruise (sometime in this lifetime LOL!) Wanna come?

janie said...

Hey, I want to come...not fair 2 cruises for you and none for me. Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing

Emilee said...

Come along mom. The more the merrier.

Gwen said...

Karaoke huh? I never would have thought! I bet it was so fun!