Monday, October 6, 2008

Kung Fu-"ed" (tagged) by Gwen

Rules- Go to "my pictures" post the 6th picture in the 6th folder then pass on the tag.

This is a picture of two fantastic people, Clark and Aldeen. They are Caleb's parents and seriously the best in-laws I could wish for.
While Caleb and I lived in Taiwan we were able to have many visitors including my parents, two of my siblings, four of Caleb's siblings and his parents. During the visit with Caleb's parents and sister Chalan we ventured over to various parts of China including Hong Kong. This picture was taken at an overlook of Hong Kong. As you can tell from the background it was a misty day. Cloudy or not, it was still a beautiful site. Perhaps it was more spectacular because of the mists.

However, I do have to admit this picture does not bring back entirely pleasant memories. Moments before this was taken, Caleb and I had gotten in an arguement over the purchase of a traditional styled Chinese suit for our son Brigham. I was insistent we could find a better price. Caleb was insistent after weeks of looking this was the first time we had found exactly what we were looking for. He argued buy now; I argued buy later. Everyone else waited with awkward silence for the little scuffle to end. In the end, we purchased the suit and I sulked for thirty minutes or so.

Looking back, I was pretty mad. Lets just say we are lucky I am not a KUNG FU expert. Otherwise I am sure I would have attacked Caleb with a quick yet precise jab followed by a round house kick leaving him in a TKO. I would have dragged his unconscious body far away from the store and the transaction would not have taken place. Yes, we are lucky I have been too lazy to learn KUNG FU because as it turns out we never did see another suit just like that one! Caleb was right. I was wrong. A truly rare moment indeed. :)

Like I said before, this is a picture from one of the best trips of my life, but I will always cringe with embarrassment at the memory of my behavior that day.

I tag: Chalan, Mena, and Cody

3 comments:

mena said...

Don't feel too bad em, we have all had our moments like that. I have felt the same way wanting to drag my hubby off and give him a swift kick and sometimes it's deserved and sometimes it's not!!! I love this post and I also loved the trip coming out to visit.

Gwen said...

Thanks for sharing your funny story. I liked this tag because it is just so random.

Caleb said...

In my case, Mena, it's never deserved.