Thursday, October 16, 2008

A New Favorite Place



The Bohemian Restaurant
On Thursday, Caleb's co-workers Nanci and DL, took us to a German restaurant which they like a lot. DL is German, so we trust his tastes when it comes to German food. Caleb was excited to try something new, but for those of you who know how picky I am with food you will not be surprised to know I was a little more cautious about going since bratwurst and sauerkraut were the only German food I knew. However, I was wrong. The food was fantastic. Caleb and I shared an order of Schnitzel and a side of Spaetzle. Oh, and I can't forget the desert of chocolate hazelnut crepes. YUM!
During the course of the conversation our friend's wife told us we had now eaten Schnitzel with noodles like in one of the songs from "The Sound of Music." How cool is that???
Overall, It was fun to try another new culture of food and spend time getting to know new friends.

Disclaimer: I am still a little camera shy in public restaurants (another of my odd little quirks) so, I discreetly snatched a few photos of my half eaten meal and then one of Brigham. So I apologize about the not too snazzy pics. However, I now realize that this quirk is interfering with my blogging life. Perhaps I should contemplate overcoming it??

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Is Brigham wearing a skeleton shirt? That's so cute. Oh, and definately get over the fear of taking pictures in public.

mena said...

Regan and I will have to come up and go with you guys. I love it when you find cool and yummy new places.

Chalan said...

that sounds yummy!!! we'll have to come up with gub and mena and try it. :)