This time I was tagged by Gwen. She would like to know six of my quirks. Are you sure only six Gwen? I do have a plethora of them.
1. I cannot stand to have cupboard doors and closet doors open. Anytime I see them open I will shut them. I will even crawl out of a warm bed on a cold winter's night just to shut any open doors. The good news is I am not alone with this quirk. My sister Aimee and I share this trait. Perhaps is it genetic.
2. I cannot stand to have blinds open at night or shut during the day. I am not sure where this one came from, but I know my sister Aimee also shares this same quirk. Our husbands discovered we both shared it one night while they were discussing how wonderful their wives were. LOL
3. I hate unfinished projects. Granted, I have my fair share of them - and they drive me crazy; nevertheless, I can never seem to rest easy until I have completed my list, current chore, or project. I realized how bad I have this quirk when one night my sister Aimee and I drove to Wal-mart at 1:00 AM to purchase supplies to finish an end table we were in the process of refinishing.
4. I have this odd belief I can fix everything. If anything ever breaks my first thought is "I can fix that." My favorite products are hot glue, mod podge, and various colors of paint.
What looks like a piece to junk to most people is usually saying to me "I am, a diamond in the ruff, come fix me." My favorite places to shop are discount centers, and the damaged section in stores. I love getting an item for 75% off and then taking it home, slapping a coat of a paint on it, tightening a few screws, and voila it looks great. The only problem is most of the time I am not as brilliant with remodeling as I like to think I am. A fair share of my projects end up looking worse or going in the trash anyways. But the point is, this quirk of fixing up broken down and old things is one of my favorite past times. I like to think I am giving stuff another chance at life. However, if I want to be completely honest I could say I am in the junk business---LOL
5. I can daydream like it is nobody's business. I remember in third grade my mom was called in to talk to the teacher. I was not in trouble because I talked too much. Heaven forbid, I am as shy as they come. My mom was called in because I daydreamed in class too much. This is a problem I still have today. I have an extremely overactive imagination. I don't have a rational defense for this behavior. It is simply an odd quirk I have. I just love stories and sometimes you have to write your own. In my defense though, it is a fun past time. Except for the times the little melodramas in my head will bring me to tears, but that is a story for another day.
6. I either talk a mile a minute or not at all. I suppose I keep all my thoughts bottled up until they just come spewing out. Most people have a nice medium range of conversation. I don't. My mom tells me that when I was a toddler I would not stop talking (a trait both my children have). Then as a teenager, she could hardly get me to talk. I like to think I said everything I had to say at the age of two. However, still today in conversations, I will either have a lot to say, and will often rudely interrupt the conversation, or I will just sit, listen, and let everyone else do the talking. Like all my other quirks I am not sure of the origin of this trait, but until I find my medium range, I will simply continue to bounce between overly animated and overly boring in my conversations.
I tag Sarah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
You're so funny. I have way more than 6 too. I think you do a great job at fixing stuff up. I am VERY impressed by your house.
Post a Comment