Don't you love listening to children acquire language.
The other day Brigham had left his bowl of cereal on the table and went to play. He came back later and I heard him say.
Brigham: "Mom, help, mom"Mom: "What's wrong Brigham"
Brigham: "Look, my mini-wheats melted.......can you get me some new ones."
He was referring to his soggy cereal. Soggy......melted......it works for me.
Kaiya has a fleece jacket that has butterflies all over it. She was getting ready to play outside and wanted the jacket on. Of course she wanted to do it herself. As I was waiting for her she put on her hood. She was standing in front of her mirror. She got this big smile on her face and excitedly announced "Mom, I have butterflies on my lid." She of course was referring to her hood, but hood....lid.....I can see the connection.
Of course my all time favorite is Brigham's what Brig loves to say whenever Kaiya cries.... "Kaiya, don't cry.........you'll melt."Mom, will you tangle my yogurt. (He wanted it stirred)
After taking a big drink of his smoothie Brigham cheerfully exlcaimed he had a "chick hicks." As I was sitting there trying to figure out what he meant he pointed to his smoothie mustache and said again "look mom, I have a chick hicks." (If you don't know who chick hicks is he is a green race car with a thick black mustache from the movie Cars. I loved how Brig called it a chick hicks so much that I debated whether to correct him or not. Some cute things I never want to end.




5 comments:
Thank you for sharing...its almost like being there, You have a great way with words! And this coming from the girl that said...Fly bite, fly bite after being stung by a bumble bee in the car on the way to Idaho.
I love the cute things that kids say. My kids call string cheese "strange cheese".
love love love!
mmm i love it.
we still refer to tater-tots as "tater tacos" and a straw is a "new-new nan-new"...
kids...they have a vocabulary all their own, don't they!
it's one of my favorite things about raising kids.
i loved this post ;)
You are so good to write these things down- so cute!! I always forget to write them down- your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment