Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thing One and Thing Two


Thing 1 and Thing 2

The PerpetratorsThe Temptation

The Victims

I used to think Thing 1 and Thing 2 were just Dr. Suess characters, but my children have brought them to life. Here is one of many examples. I was at my mom's house (I went to check on a CD I was burning; I swear it was less than five minutes) and Brigham came running up the stairs yelling excitedly. When I realized what he was yelling and saw the painted face and shirt, my heart stopped. "Mom, I painted my trains." He and Kaiya had a hay day painting their trains, hair, my mom's floor, and their faces. I do believe they even did a little taste test since they each had paint smeared around their mouths. Apparently Brigham has learned to unscrew lids. If I had known this I don't think I would have left the paint from my craft project on the counter top. Needless to say, I cleaned up the mess and recalled some of the other "incidents" so far this year.
I have decided they are either getting all the damages out in one big swoop, or I am in for and unforgettable (and slightly expensive) year.
Gosh, isn't anyone watching these kids??????
Some Other Damages....
1. Over fifty knife stabs/slashes in my new arm chair (My only clue to this one is the chair happened to be Brigham's naughty chair....he later informed me it was broken, so he could no longer sit in it...)
2. Broken glass panels in my decorative lantern (Children playing "Timber" with my decorative trees...Kaiya decided my lantern was close enough to a tree and knocked it over)
3. Large rip in Kaiya's dust ruffle (Brigham helping my vacuum his room)
4. Ink scribble marks on the ceiling, driver's seat headrest and toddler car seats in my car (I let the kids play in the car to keep them from running into the street while I painted a nightstand in the driveway; I didn't think to check for pens inside)
5. Painted Thomas Trains and my mom's kitchen floor (sorry mom)

Knowing my children and their mother, more damages are sure to come. My only hope is that much like the end of the "Cat in the Hat" book, everything turns out fine.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Just keep thinking to yourself, "This is just a stage, this is just a stage, this is just a stage..."