Saturday, December 13, 2008

Play Day in the Snow

Earlier this week Brigham, Kaiya, and I had fun playing in the snow. This was the first time Brigham and Kaiya got to truly play in the snow. We built a snowman, made snowballs, and went sledding. They loved it so much they keep asking to go back out.

At first, Brigham would not wear his gloves. I told him his hands would get cold, but he did not believe me. He ran across the yard, grabbed a handful of snow, and came back crying. After that he didn't mind wearing his gloves. Granted, he still would take them off, but at least he learned to wear them whenever he would touch the snow. I guess some lessons need hands on learning. :)

This is our snowman. We unfortunately forgot to name him.....maybe next time.

Brigham and Kaiya helped more than I thought they would.No snow day is complete without tasting the snow. I was sure to teach them that any uncolored, preferably fresh snow was okay to eat. Brigham's response was "mmm...I wike it."Of course sweet little Kaiya must try anything her brother does. I think she liked it too, but didn't verbalize it.

And finally, we (well everyone shorter than 4 feet) went on a sled ride. There were no hills, but we did laps around the back yard. They loved it. We even crashed into the lovely little snowman we had built. All that was left was a toppled lump of snow. Since Brigham is such a Thomas the Train fan he definitely liked the crashing.

It was so much fun to go play in the snow with Brigham and Kaiya. It was great to see their fascination with it. I forget how new and exciting things like snow are to them.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Yea for snow! Boo for cold. I wish we could have warm snow. My kids played in the snow on Tuesday.

Coty said...

okay, can you pull up my new post...or is it just the baby chow one? let me know, i'm panic-ing here...lol. my blog site is being weird.

Chalan said...

Fun pictures. Looks like fun! Your kids are so cute! LOve that Brigham didn't want to put on his gloves. He is so funny. It's a good lesson- sometimes it takes not listening to you to believe you next time. :)