In October Caleb and I went to his parents cabin in Midway. It was so fun and relaxing. I can't believe we don't take the time to go more often. We spend each evening together at home, but there is something special about getting away together. Without the distractions at home we were able to focus on being a family, spending time with Brigham and Kaiya, and just loving life together. No wonder God gave us families. These relationships are just about as good as it gets.



The first night we were there we just played with the kids and had fun. We watched Jungle Book and Winnie the Pooh. We played games, sang silly songs and danced to "Old McDonald." Brigham has invented his own version of this song. Rather than animals he will name different trains and sing "with a choo choo here, and a choo choo there, here a choo there a choo, everywhere a choo choo." He would sing it all day if I would accommodate him. Of course we played trains and also played at the city park and playground. It was great.

The next morning we drove to Wasatch State Park and watched the ducks. This pond also had a playground, so we let the kids play there for a while. Both of the kids loved to see the ducks. My favorite is how Kaiya says "whack, whack" for the duck sound. It never ceases to make me laugh.


Our next stop was the Huber Farm to pick some apples off the trees. They were the perfect sized snack. Luckily Caleb was willing to sacrifice himself to pick some higher up apples. 



After the farm we drove through the canyon to look a the fall leaves. They were so beautiful. I know why I love this time of year.



I had to enclose this traditional picture of Brigham running away. My favorite this about these pictures is that he is running through golden fields. They just happened to remind me of one of my favorite songs by Sting. I couldn't help thinking of it while we stopped here.







4 comments:
We haven't been to the cabin since the reunion and I miss it so much. Glad that you guys went and spent some fun family time together. Cute pictures of the kids. We need to plan a trip together and go up and play games. Let's plan it K. I love to play games with you even though you always win!!
So beautiful. I couldn't agree more regarding family. I love this post (I know, I say that alot but it's true) and the way you look at things. You're such a good Mommy.
ps my verification word below is "bills"...LOL what a killjoy!!!
Great pictures! I especially love the last one of Brigham and the golden field - wow, that's beautiful.
What a fun trip. I hope that you get to go more often. Love, MOM
Post a Comment